Shashi Tharoor (Congress MP from Thiruvananthapuram) and his English communication skills have flabbergasted everyone. His unrivaled choice of vocabulary has been an instant sensation amongst the netizens. The usage of words like “farrago”,” rodomontade”, “floccinaucinihilipilification” made every cybernaut run out of dictionary flashcards.
Wondering! what is the mystery behind Tharoor’s powerful English communication?
Well, the secret ingredient for anyone with excellent command over language is that of “practice”. It is rightly said that practice makes a man perfect. So, it is a universal law that the more you practice a language more you get used to it and the more you start using it in your routine life.
English is a language that takes your body shape eventually. The more you practice conversing in English, the more time would come when you would find it hard to express yourself or find a word apt to your situation in any other language.
So, here’s a list of 6 best practices to learn the art of English communication:
- Learn 5 new words daily: English is a language that comes to you with practice. To master the language, it takes an individual’s heart and soul endeavor. Learning anything new should not be taken as a compulsion but as a fun activity. To improve over English communication skills, learn 5 new words every day. After learning them, try putting and using them in a sentence so that you remember the usage of the word.
- Make use of slumber time: Lockdown has thought us the power of social media and streaming mediums. Everyone had just one agenda for the entire lockdown season “Netflix and Chill” but rather than just doing Netflix, had people made use of this dead time into reading books on kindle then everyone of us would have evolved with a power of extensive vocabulary usage. The trump card phenomenon to make your English communication powerful is to use the dead time in reading new books. Books are an extensive source of knowledge and authors use intensive word vocabulary that inculcates the habit of reaching back to the dictionary in order to understand the context of story.
- Switch to English News channels: Arnab Goswami and his Channel Republic Media has created a positive havoc on the society. It is not only fun to watch him shut people who talk nonsense, but his rich vocabulary nourishes the soul of every English language learner. To learn the art of speaking effective and impactive English, it is quintessential to switch to English news channels for your daily news does.
- Listen to English music and sing along: How many of you enjoy attending Karaoke Nights? What else could be a good way of learning a language than enjoying it with a jazz of music. So, put up to English song channels and sing along. This will not only enhance your vocabulary but also will inculcate you with the knowledge of right pronunciation. Learn the art of striking powerful English conversations with music.
- Playing English vocab games: Scrabble, Word building, Crosswords are few of the games that every individual aspiring to have a command over English should try playing. This fun way of learning the language is not only innovative but educative as well. These games inculcate the sense of learning a new word to put down your counterpart.
- Practice, practice & practice: Last but not the least, practice as much as possible. The best way to learn English language is to speak the sentence in your native language first and then translate it in English. The more you practice like this the more you will get yourself in the habit of using the language.
So, all you English aspires to learn English is not rocket science, all it requires is practice and perseverance. Enroll yourself in English speaking course today! And get going till you get the best out of yourself!